ASC Library of Things Trial
By sharing resources, the Adelaide Sustainability Centre aims to support reduction of community consumption and waste, challenge people to rethink the concept of ownership, and enable people access to resources they may not otherwise have had.
We also aim to share our learnings from the trial, to encourage and better enable other groups to establish a Library of Things too.
To get started click here to create an account and start borrowing!
Our 2-month trial will run from April-May (now extended until end of June). Trial membership cost is a donation (minimum $5)/ a pay-what-you-can model. All donations go towards running the Library of Things.
Following the trial period, we will be seeking your feedback to inform our next steps. Thanks for participating!
Borrowing / returns
To participate, you will be required to sign an ASC Trial Terms & Liability Waiver form before borrowing an item. Our pick-up and drop off times are: Mondays, Tuesday and Fridays 10am-3pm.
We're based at the Adelaide Sustainability Centre, ground floor of The Joinery, 111 Franklin St Adelaide.
Please note 30-60 minute parking is available along Franklin St outside The Joinery.
Finding an item
Our priorities are to stock items that support people to live more sustainably and connect to nature.
Can’t find an item you're looking for in our library? Try the following available services:
- Green Adelaide Education loan library – environment/sustainability books, educational kits
- Nature Education Centre – educational kits, preserved specimens
- Port Environment Centre - environment/sustainability books, as well as items available for local environment groups
- Adelaide Hills Natural Resource Centre reference library – books, DVDs, herbarium
- Makerspace Adelaide - community fabrication workshop
- South West Community Centre - non-powered hand tools
- Council community centres
- Your local equipment hire business
Please email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 7123 2166.